Use UFT in a Windows Runtime environment
You must meet the following requirements before using the Windows Runtime add-in:
- UFT must be installed on a computer running Windows 8.x or higher or Windows Server 2012
- The UFT4WinRT service must be running. For details on the service, see the description of the service.
UFT runs on the desktop in Windows 8.x or higher or Windows Server 2012. Therefore, direct interaction between UFT dialog boxes, panes, and windows is difficult. To enable UFT to work with Windows Runtime applications available on the Start screen, you can resize the open window:
Dock the desktop window containing UFT on an edge of the screen:
- On the Desktop window, move the mouse to the upper edge of the window. The mouse cursor changes to a hand.
- Drag the desktop window toward the bottom of the screen.
- Move the dragged window to either edge of the screen.
Resize the window as needed.
Note: The window can be resized to use 1/3 or 2/3 of the screen.
Use UFT in full screen view.
By default, the desktop window containing your UFT session is displayed at full screen view. To navigate to your Windows Runtime application, use the keyboard shortcuts described in the following steps.
Because UFT runs on the Desktop screen in Windows 8.x or higher, direct navigation between the Object Spy dialog box, Navigate and Learn toolbar, and the Record Toolbar is difficult. Use the following steps to enable UFT to access your Windows Runtime application:
- Open the relevant UFT tool.
Do one of the following:
Press the Windows + SHIFT key. Windows cycles through all open Windows Runtime applications.
After selecting your application, the Object Spy dialog box is displayed on top of the open application.
Note: If you use this option to switch to your application, the Keep on Top option in the Object Spy dialog box does not work.
Navigate and Learn toolbar
Press ALT + TAB. Windows displays a window displaying the list of open applications:
Using the arrow keys, select your application. When the Windows Runtime application is displayed in the main window, the Navigate and Learn toolbar is displayed on top of the open application.
Press ALT + TAB. Windows displays a list of open applications.
Using the arrow keys, select your application. When the Windows Runtime application is displayed in the main window, the Record toolbar is displayed on top of the open application.
Note: If you close your application using ALT + F4 while recording or spying on an object, the application automatically reopens when continuing to record or spy.
- Continue spying on objects, adding objects to the object repository, or recording actions as necessary.