This task describes the different ways you can manage listening and recording events for Web objects.
Note: The listen and record settings are mutually independent. This means that you can choose to listen to an event for a particular object, but not record it, or you can choose not to listen to an event for an object, but still record the event.
- In the Custom Web Event Recording Configuration dialog box (Record > Web Event Recording Configuration), select the object to which you want to add an event, or select Any Web Object.
- Select Event > Add. A list of available events opens.
- Select the event you want to add. The event is displayed in the Event Name column in alphabetical order. By default, UFT listens to the event when a handler is attached and always records the event (as long as it is listened to at some level).
- Select the object for which you want to modify the listening criterion or select Any Web Object.
In the row of the event you want to modify, select the listening criterion you want from the Listen column:
- Always, If Handler
- If Behavior
- If Handler or Behavior
- Select the object for which you want to modify the recording status or select Any Web Object.
- In the row of the event you want to modify, select a recording status from the Record column.
For details, see Configure UFT to record mouse clicks.