In Exercise 8d: Build a test with Web Application service methods, you created a test using the methods for your Web Application service model that you imported and edited in previous exercises.
In this exercise, you will run the test you created to see the results.
Start UFT and open the flight reservation application solution.
- If necessary, open UFT as described in Create a solution.
On the Start Page, in the Recent Solution area, click Flight Reservation Application.
The Flight Reservation Application solution opens in the Solution Explorer, containing the Flights WADL test you created in Exercise 8a: Create a test for a Web Application Service.
Set the number of iterations for the test.
- In the canvas, select the Test Flow. The Input tab opens in the Properties pane.
- In the Input pane, select the 'For' Loop option.
- In the Number of iterations field, enter 8.
Set the data navigation properties for the data source.
- In the canvas, select the Test Flow. The Input/Checkpoints tab opens in the Properties pane.
- In the Properties pane, select the Data Sources tab . A list of all data sources associated with the test flow is displayed
- In the list of data sources, select the WADL_Flights!Input data source and click Edit. The Data Navigation dialog box opens.
In the Data Navigation dialog box, configure the following data navigation properties:
Start at: First row Move by: 1 rows Forward End at: Last row Upon reaching the last row Wrap around
Run the test.
- Ensure that the HPE Flights Service APIs application is open.
In the toolbar, click the Run button .
UFT runs the test steps, providing the property values from the data source. The test run log is displayed in the Output pane.
After the test run is over, the run results open.
Analyze the run results.