Relevant for: GUI tests and components
This section describes troubleshooting and limitations for recording tests and components.
UFT does not record the visual relation identifier property.
This property can be added only manually from the Object Properties dialog box or the Object Repository Manager or window.
Start menu / Quick Launch panel
- Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2: You must restart your computer after installing in order to record on the Start menu or Quick Launch panel.
- UFT does not record launching Windows Help from the Start menu.
- To record Start menu items customized as menus, customize them as links instead, or record their activation in some other way.
Dragging the Record toolbar
By default, dragging the Record toolbar to the top of the screen in Windows 7 or Windows 8.x or higher is not allowed.
To allow this, in the Windows Control Panel, select Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center Make the mouse easier to use, and disable the Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen option.
Limited access to application objects
UFT cannot record or run steps if it has limited access to the processes of the application you are testing.
- Make sure that the application you are testing is started by the same Windows user as UFT.
- Make sure that neither you nor the tested application actively prevent UFT from accessing the application's processes.
Changes in the application during a recording session
When the title of a window changes during recording, UFT may fail to recognize objects within that window while running the test or component.
Workaround: Remove the text property from the window's test object description in the Object Repository window.