After analyzing your application and planning your testing goals, you create the tests of the application. A major part of this effort is creating tests of the user interface (GUI) of your application. Doing so ensures that the controls and objects in your application work as designed.
Creating a GUI test involves a number of separate processes:
- Creating object repositories containing test objects for the objects in your application
- Creating supplementary functions to use in your tests inside function libraries
- Adding steps to the test representing user actions in the application
- Creating checkpoints to validate specific objects in the application
- Parameterizing the test object values to see how the application reacts to different input values
- Running the test and analyzing the results of the test run
The following lessons will introduce and teach these processes in detail.
This section includes the following: