In Exercise 6c: Build and parameterize a Web service test, you created a Web service test from the imported methods and then parameterized one of the steps. In this lesson, you will run the test to see how UFT reports the run results when testing a Web service application.
Start UFT and open the Book Flights solution.
- Open UFT as described in Create a solution. Make sure that the WPF Add-in is loaded.
On the Start Page, in the Recent Solutions area, click Flight Reservation Application.
The Flight Reservation Application solution opens, containing the Book Flights Web Service test you created in Lesson 1: Create a GUI test and actions.
Start the Flights API application.
If necessary, start the Flights Service API application, as described in Explore the flight reservation application.
Note: Make sure that this application remains open when you are working with the tutorial, as UFT must be able to access it when editing and running the test.
Set the number of iterations for the test.
- In the canvas, select the Test Flow (but not a step in the Test Flow). The Input tab opens in the Properties pane.
- In the Input tab, select the 'For' Loop option.
- In the Number of Iterations field, enter 4.
Run the test.
- In the toolbar, click the Run button . The Run dialog box opens.
- In the Result Locations tab in the Run dialog box, ensure that the Temporary run results folder is still selected.
Click Run to compile and run the test.
After the test run is complete, the run results open.
View the run results.
- In the Test Flow, under any of the nodes for the iterations, select the GetFlights node. The step summary details are displayed.
In the captured data for the step, scroll down until the More area is visible:
Note that in this area, UFT provides the HTTP Request and Response information for the Web Service call.
If you click on the link in the Full Request cell, you can see the input properties sent for the GetFlights step:
Likewise, if you click on the link in the OutputXML cell, you can see the step's output properties:
- Under the GetFlights node, select the Checkpoints node. The run results display a summary of the checkpoint.
In the step details for the checkpoint, UFT displays the result (whether the checkpoint passed or failed, the actual and expected values, and the type of checkpoint:
Save the test.
Select File > Save.